Premarital Pastoral Care
If you are interested in being married by a pastor at Redemption Rock, you must first complete the premarital program. Redemption Rock asks that the couple satisfactorily completes their premarital pastoral care sessions and homework. Upon completion, the couple and pastor will sign a Certificate of Premarital Pastoral Care Completion, which is to be given to the officiating pastor. Please call (508) 432-8022 to schedule an initial appointment with the officiating pastor.
Premarital Pastoral Care completed elsewhere: The premarital pastoral care must be scripture based and a “Verification of Completion” letter, including the subjects that were covered and the time spent, must be submitted to the officiating pastor a minimum of 30 days before the wedding for approval.
As you consider the sacred covenant of marriage, we want to make the preparation experience a positive and rewarding one for you. We believe God has a wonderful plan for your life! One of the greatest ways to prepare is to participate in an in-depth premarital program. In order to assure that you make the necessary preparations for your marriage, the following steps are required:
- If you are considering marriage, contact Redemption Rock at (508) 432-8022 six to eight months prior to your tentative wedding date to schedule an initial orientation session with the pastor of your choice. This orientation session will require approximately one hour.
- At the conclusion of the premarital orientation session, you will complete the PREPARE Inventory questionnaire online to form the basis for the four to six feedback sessions that follow. You’ll be given a packet with additional materials used during the premarital pastoral care process.
- Once the results of the PREPARE Inventory are received, you will meet with a pastor for four to six subsequent feedback sessions. These appointments can be scheduled at the conclusion of the orientation session. We strongly urge you to complete the scheduled feedback sessions and homework assignments before establishing your firm wedding date. After you go through the feedback sessions, you should meet with the officiating pastor to plan your wedding.
Couples desiring to be married by a Redemption Rock pastor must meet the following conditions:
- The couple should have the approval and blessing of both sets of parents or guardians.
- Each person must be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that belief must be reflected in his and her lifestyle.
- The couple should have known each other for at least one year.
- Redemption Rock requires a sexually pure lifestyle until after the couple’s wedding ceremony.
- If either party has been married before, the previous marriage should have been terminated for one of the following reasons:
- Adultery on the part of the former spouse (Matthew 5:32).
- An unbelieving partner left, allowing the believing partner to remarry (I Corinthians 7:15)
- The previous marriage and divorce occurred before either party came to know Christ (II Corinthians 5:17).
- The death of a spouse.